Tungsten Grinders are very nice to have and make sense for some applications …but definitely not 100% necessary for beginners.
So here are some best practices for tungsten sharpening to avoid problems like splitting and rough arc starts
* always score the electrode first before breaking
* Use a dedicated rock or sanding disc that is not contaminated with other metals
* Make sure all your grinding scratches are running with the length and not sideways
* Use a fine enough grit stone or disc to not leave rough scratches
* Use a more needle like tip for low amps and thin metal
* Use a more blunt tip for higher amps and thicker metal