NEW! Weldmonger® Assorted Tungsten, 3/PK - 2% Lanthanated, 2% Ceriated, Multi-Mix(Purple) Size 3/32
Assorted Tungsten, 3/PK - 2% Lanthanated, 2% Ceriated, Multi-Mix(Purple) Electrode Sizes: 3/32
2% lanthanated tungsten electrodes can handle even more amperage than 2% thoriated. Not only that, but it rounds off better on A/C. 2% lanth works especially well on inverters like the Miller Dynasty 200dx and Dynasty 350 where A/C frequencies are typically set to 100 or higher.
2% Ceriated Tungsten performs well in DC welding and arc starting at low current settings, and can be used proficiently in AC processes.
- 2% Ceriated (Grey)
- Principal Oxide: 1.8–2.2% Cerium Oxide
- Non-Radioactive - best for use in Alternating Current (A/C) or Direct Current (D/C) applications using inverter- or transformer-based constant current power sources
- Good for: low-alloyed steels, non corroding steels, aluminum alloys, magnesium alloys, titanium alloys, nickel alloys, copper alloys
- Good ignition and re-ignition properties; long service life; excellent arc stability
- Low erosion rate; best at low amperage range; no spitting; good D/C arc starts and stability
- Composed of 97.3% Tungsten, 1.8%-2.2% Cerium, and .5% Other
- Materials Welded: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Nickel Alloy, and Titanium
Purple multi mix tungsten is a good all purpose electrode for both Steel and Aluminum and is designed for excellent restart capability.
Our own tests showed that low amperage starts on really thin metal were crisp.
Purple holds up well at higher amps too on both DC and AC
"Same Day Shipping" on an order means that the order will leave our warehouse the Same Day!
We usually ship within 24 hours of receiving an order. If there is an unforeseen delay in shipping your order, we will promptly let you know. We ship via USPS, UPS, Fedex and DHL. You can select your preferred shipping method at checkout.
We have a "hassle-free" shipping and returns policy. If you need to return something, we'll cover the shipping costs and send you instructions on how to get the item back to us. Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
Our policy lasts 90 days. There are always exceptions, so don't be shy to reach out to us if you need some help. Honestly, we don't have many returns. We try to be very clear with our product listings to make sure you make the right purchase. We want to make our customers happy, so we'll do everything we can to work with you and get you what you need. Once we receive your return, we'll stay in touch with you about your refund and/or exchange. Refunds are generally applied to your original method of payment within 5 business days, and shipping notifications on exchanges are usually sent within a business day. Just let us know if there's a hold-up and we'll look into it.